After the death of my mother, I inherited a sofa and two Nogaret armchairs and as I need to start my project of new social media, I propose for sale, to the best offerer these two pieces of a rare value.
Counterfeiting! how to fight them!
I have a method, simple and efficient, to fight against counterfeitings. It is part of my know how, and I don’t want to explain it without making a profit out of it. So you are always welcome to contact me and explain your problem, and I’ll be happy to tell you more!
In this post, I just want to emphasize the damages caused by counterfeitings, from an extract of an article from Wikipedia. Many other sources are available to show the huge losses in the econanmy due to counterfeitings. But you know it better than me if you read this article!
The spread of counterfeit goods (commonly called “knock-offs” or “rip-offs”) has become global in recent years and the range of goods subject to infringement has increased significantly. Apparel and accessories accounted for over 50 percent of the counterfeit goods seized by U.S Customs and Border Control. According to the study of Counterfeiting Intelligence Bureau (CIB) of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), counterfeit goods make up 5 to 7% of World Trade, however these figures cannot be substantiated due to the secretive nature of the industry.
A report by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development on counterfeitings indicates that up to US$200 Billion of international trade could have been in counterfeit and illegally copied goods in 2005. In November 2009, the OECD updated these estimates, concluding that the share of counterfeit and illegitimate goods in world trade had increased from 1.85% in 2000 to 1.95% in 2007. That represents an increase to US$250 billion worldwide.
In a detailed breakdown of the counterfeit goods industry, the total loss faced by countries around the world is $600 billion, with the United States facing the most economic impact. When calculating counterfeit products, current estimates place the global losses at $400 billion. On November 29, 2010, the Department of Homeland Security seized and shut down 82 websites as part of a U.S. crackdown of websites that sell counterfeit goods, and was timed to coincide with “Cyber Monday,” the start of the holiday online shopping season.
Some see the rise in counterfeitings of goods as being related to globalisation. As more and more companies, in an effort to increase profits, move manufacturing to the cheaper labour markets of the third world, areas with weaker labour laws or environmental regulations, they give the means of production to foreign workers. These new managers of production have little or no loyalty to the original corporation. They see that profits are being made by the global brand for doing little (other than advertising) and see the possibilities of removing the middle men (i.e. the parent corporation) and marketing directly to the consumer. This can result in counterfeit products being virtually indistinguishable from original products, as they are being produced in the same company, and in damage to the parent corporation due to copyright infringement.
Certain consumer goods, especially very expensive or desirable brands or those that are easy to reproduce cheaply, have become frequent and common targets of counterfeiting. The counterfeiters either attempt to deceive the consumer into thinking they are purchasing a legitimate item, or convince the consumer that they could deceive others with the imitation. An item which makes no attempt to deceive, such as a copy of a DVD with missing or different cover art or a book without a cover, is often called a “bootleg” or a “pirated copy” instead.
Most counterfeit goods are produced and manufactured in China, making it the counterfeit capital of the world. In fact, the counterfeiting industry accounts for 8% of China’s GDP. Joining China are North Korea and Taiwan. Some counterfeits are produced in the same factory that produces the original, authentic product, using inferior materials. Another strange new trend in counterfeiting, especially seen in consumer electronics, is the manufacture of entirely novel products using poor quality materials or, more often, incorporating desirable features not present in a brand’s authentic product line and then including prominent and fake brand names and logotypes to profit from brand recognition or brand image.
An example would be imitation “Nokia” and “iPhone” cellular phones with features like dual SIM slots or analog TV, which are unavailable in authentic originals, or cosmetically-identical clones of high-end smartphones such as those from Hong Kong-based Goophone, using off the shelf system-on-chips from MediaTek and the Android operating system, often with user interfaces made to resemble the devices they imitate. Another example would be imitation “iPod” MP3 players whose power cells or batteries are removable and replaceable, whereas in authentic originals the power cells or batteries are permanently installed.
In the United States, a federal crackdown on counterfeit imports is driving an increase in domestic output of fake merchandise, according to investigators and industry executives. Raids carried out in New York City resulted in the seizure of an estimated $200 Million in counterfeit apparel, bearing the logos of brands such as “The North Face,” “Polo,” “Izod Lacoste,” “Rocawear,” “Seven for all Mankind,” and “Fubu.” One of the largest seizures was a joint operation in Arizona, Texas and California that seized seventy-seven containers of fake “Nike Air Jordan” shoes and a container of “Abercrombie & Fitch” clothing, valued at $69.5 million. Another current method of attacking counterfeits is at the retail level. Fendi sued the Sam’s Club division of Walmart for selling fake “Fendi” bags and leather goods in five states. Sam’s Club agreed to pay Fendi a confidential amount to settle the dispute and dismiss the action. In the case Tiffany v. eBay, Tiffany & Co. sued auction site eBay for allowing the sale of counterfeit items, but lost on all claims. Gucci filed suit against thirty websites in the United States and is currently in the process of suing one hundred more.
A number of companies involved in the development of anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions have come together to form special industry-wide and global organisations dedicated to combating the so-called “brand pirates” such as the International Hologram Manufacturers Association. Other companies and organisations have established web-based communities that provide a framework for crowd-sourced solutions to counterfeiting. One such free community, Collectors Proof enables manufacturers and users alike to associate unique identification numbers to virtually any item so that each new owner can update its chain of custody. Because quality counterfeit items are often difficult to discern from authentic goods, this approach enables potential customers to access an item’s current and previous ownersÂ â€“ its provenanceÂ â€“ prior to purchase.
To combat counterfeiting, companies may have the various parts of an item manufactured in independent factories and then limit the supply of certain distinguishing parts to the factory that performs the final assembly to the exact number required for the number of items to be assembled (or as near to that number as is practicable) or may require the factory to account for every part used and to return any unused, faulty or damaged parts. To help distinguish the originals from the counterfeits, the copyright holder may also employ the use of serial numbers or holograms etc., which may be attached to the product in another factory still.
Counterfeitings! You know now what it costs. So how much would you spend to stop it? Or how much did you already spend to stop it without success!
Contact me: JP DEMURGER – email@example.com – +41 76 587 81 49
Modern life goes through credit or debit card transactions.
I would like here to relate here what happend with my crowdfunding campaign that turned in a very short period of time into a nightmare.
I tried to find a interactive way to present my projects, that took my some time, and here I should emphasize the important way played by Fiverr.com to find reliable suppliers.
I wanted to go through a Platform for the donation, and to my surprise, to accept entrepreneurial projects, it is more than difficult to find the right place. It is also difficult to find the right reward coping with the rules of the Platform. I have been refused by several of them. So no need to say that your projects is of no interest for the Platform, they just offer you a space, for them to make money. You can consider normal to pay for the service, but it must fit their format, not your interest to grow a business.
Finally, I decided to go with one.
I mostly advertised with Twitter, after a shutdown of my Facebook account, due to an overadvertising mistake on Hootsuite. So Facebook closed my account, that I patiently grew over years, but they never considered the mistake I made once, and I decided to grow my accoount on Twitter.
To follow better prospect donors, I applied to mlspsites.com where you are following my blog today.
Recently I started receiving donations, I was thrilled, and I got contacted by “big” donors, that I encouraged to send money directly, but they wanted to go via the Platform. I also thought it would be a good legal protection for me too.
I discovered that my Platform was going through a card processor, and I wanted to know more on upper limits due to the big donations they wanted to send.
I looked at the transaction and dicovered that my donations were the results of numerous failled or blocked transactions, and I started to be very suspicious about who were these donors.
I received the following answer on why processor was blocking transactions, and I reproduce their answer here.
– Failed security checks
– Mismatches between the customer’s browser IP, billing address, and/or country of origin for the card
– Multiple purchases attempts in a short period of time, often with different cards
There was no dispute.
And then I had a full stop from the Platform and the processor, with no possible appeal. (reproduced here)
From the crowdfunding Platform:
“Dear … Customer,
We are writing to inform you that your … campaign has been removed due to a violation of our Terms & Conditions.
The content of your campaign falls under our “Conditions of Use” section. You may view this in our Terms & Conditions here -…
Unfortunately, our Terms & Conditions, along with strictly enforced policies from the payments industry, prohibit … from allowing you to continue raising money for this campaign.
The … Team”
and from the card processor:
“Thanks for signing up with …!
Because of the elevated dispute risk here, 100% account balance will be placed on reserve for the next 90 days, the industry-standard period during which most payments are disputed. During this time, the reserved funds will help cover any disputes or refunds on your account. The remaining balance will transfer to your bank account at the end of this period.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
But I never got a reply, even if I sent a reply, and ask them to return the money to the donors …
So without being involved in the financial transactions and without knowing any donors (maybe here a card traffic metwork), I lost today my donation Platform and my processor Platform without any possible appeal or given notice! Like Facebook! I really have a feeling of frustration.
It reminds me Kafka, (Le procès in French), where a man was condammed and killed by justice without understanding what was happening to him.
It must be my lucky day, and I start to be suspicious about all internet business, that appears more and more like the robots who shrink our freedom as in science fiction, and no longer human interaction.
Now if you want to make donations, or share more experience contact me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Beef Wellington: the Ultimate recipe!
To continue our review for Christmas meals, after the Christmas cake, I suggest this recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence
- Total Time: 2 hr 30 min
- Prep: 1 hr
- Inactive: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Level: Intermediate
- For the Duxelles:
- For the Beef:
- Green Peppercorn Sauce:
For the Duxelles:
- To make the Duxelles: Add mushrooms, shallots, garlic, and thyme to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add butter and olive oil to a large saute pan and set over medium heat. Add the shallot and mushroom mixture and saute for 8 to 10 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
For the Beef:
- To prepare the beef: Tie the tenderloin in 4 places so it holds its cylindrical shape while cooking. Drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper and sear all over, including the ends, in a hot, heavy-based skillet lightly coated with olive oil – about 2 to 3 minutes. Meanwhile set out your prosciutto on a sheet of plastic wrap (plastic needs to be about a foot and a half in length so you can wrap and tie the roast up in it) on top of your cutting board. Shingle the prosciutto so it forms a rectangle that is big enough to encompass the entire filet of beef. Using a rubber spatula cover evenly with a thin layer of duxelles. Season the surface of the duxelles with salt and pepper and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves. When the beef is seared, remove from heat, cut off twine and smear lightly all over with Dijon mustard. Allow to cool slightly, then roll up in the duxelles covered prosciutto using the plastic wrap to tie it up nice and tight. Tuck in the ends of the prosciutto as you roll to completely encompass the beef. Roll it up tightly in plastic wrap and twist the ends to seal it completely and hold it in a nice log shape. Set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to ensure it maintains its shape.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry out to about a 1/4-inch thickness. Depending on the size of your sheets you may have to overlap 2 sheets and press them together. Remove beef from refrigerator and cut off plastic. Set the beef in the center of the pastry and fold over the longer sides, brushing with egg wash to seal. Trim ends if necessary then brush with egg wash and fold over to completely seal the beef – saving ends to use as a decoration on top if desired. Top with coarse sea salt. Place the beef seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the pastry with egg wash then make a couple of slits in the top of the pastry using the tip of a paring knife — this creates vents that will allow the steam to escape when cooking. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until pastry is golden brown and beef registers 125 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from oven and rest before cutting into thick slices. Garnish with minced chives, and serve with Green Peppercorn Sauce, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Fresh Herbs and Garlic, and Warm Wilted Winter Greens.
Green Peppercorn Sauce:
- Add olive oil to pan after removing beef. Add shallots, garlic, and thyme; saute for 1 to 2 minutes, then, off heat, add brandy and flambe using a long kitchen match. After flame dies down, return to the heat, add stock and reduce by about half. Strain out solids, then add 2 cups cream and mustard. Reduce by half again, then shut off heat and add green peppercorns.
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Fresh Herbs and Garlic:
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F and place a baking sheet inside to heat.
- Add potatoes, rosemary, sage, thyme, and garlic to a medium bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Remove sheet pan from oven, lightly coat with olive oil, and pour potatoes onto pan. Place potatoes in oven and reduce heat to 425 degrees F. Roast for 20 minutes, or until crispy on outside and tender on inside.
Warm Wilted Winter Greens:
- Cook honey and balsamic together over medium-high heat in a large saute pan, about 5 minutes. Toast walnuts in a small skillet; set aside to cool.
- Pile greens on a platter. Stir mustard into balsamic-honey dressing, then whisk in about 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil; pour over greens. Season greens with salt and pepper and garnish with walnuts, pomegranate seeds, shavings of Parmesan, and shallot.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence
MyLeadSystemPro, or in short MLSP, provides you with a lot of training, when you subscribe to there system.
If you want to try, feel free to follow the link for the webinar. It can help you to make a decision!
Finally, they can coach you everyday by a morning call!
Enjoy participating in this week training! Try it for free!
If you need more information, contact me!
How’s a Power Hour with MLSP CEO Brian Fanale sound to get your day started?
Just Dial 712-432-3431 and enter PIN: 399808# @ 11AM EST and you’re in!
Then at 11:30AM EST HOP Over and Catch His Always Powerful Facebook LIVE Stream!
= => Click Here to Watch LIVE!
This is an hour with this multi-millionaire that just may change your life forever!
TONIGHT @ 9PM EST…
And you should… because it’s one of the most powerful tools available for you to build an audience and get new customers today!
L5 Leaders Steven & Lanacia Rachel are going to show YOU how to leverage this amazing Facebook tool yourself!
Happens TONIGHT @ 9PM EST on the MLSP Weekly Training Webinar!
Steve & Lanacia are getting started @ 9PM EST sharp!
P.S. Ever find yourself in an epic battle for your own focus? Wheels spinning all over the place? Mind zig-zaggin’ all over the place day after day?
Tomorrow NIGHT @ 9PM EST L7 Diane Hochman will take you into the ‘Deep Abyss’ for an in-depth discussion and mastermind and show you the secrets to win this battle of your mind!
Copyright © 2016 Upward Enterprises, LLC
DISCLAIMER: It should be assumed that the sender of this email profits from any and all products, services, or businesses endorsed in this email. We will only recommend products that we have either created or reviewed ourselves. We recommend that all readers use due diligence before purchasing any and all products. Nothing in this email should be considered legal or financial advice
Upward Enterprises, LLC 538 W 21st St #32665 Houston, Texas 77008 United States (888) 414-7975
It is December and Time to prepare Christmas diner. So instead of a “business” post, lets enjoy a culinary post with some recipes.
Let start by the end of the meal, and a Christmas cake. (you can find full recipes here).
“This cake is a rich, dark, moist fruit cake, very flavorful at Christmas. Try icing with almond paste for a more festive touch. This recipe is started in October or November so as to let it mellow before the holidays. I remember very well my mother storing her fruit cake in an old butter churn that belonged to my grandmother and great grandmother. I wish that I had that old crock.”
- In a medium bowl, combine cherries, citrus peel, raisins, currants, dates, and almonds. Stir in brandy; let stand 2 hours, or overnight. Dredge soaked fruit with 1/2 cup flour.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Grease an 8x8x3 inch fruit cake pan, line with parchment paper, and grease again. In a small bowl, mix together 2 cups flour, baking soda, cloves, allspice, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light. Gradually blend in brown sugar and eggs. Mix together molasses and apple juice. Beat into butter mixture alternately with flour mixture, making 4 dry and 3 liquid additions. Fold in floured fruit. Turn batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean. Remove from pan, and lift off paper. Cool cake completely, then wrap loosely in waxed paper. Store in an airtight container.
Now for the wine to come with the Christmas cake, I recommend
Grain Noble Petite Arvine 2013 / Marie-Thérèse Chappaz (Fully – Switzerland)
Click on the link to dream for Christmas before Christmas
Vigne les Claives Situation coteau des Claives à Fully | forte pente | vignes en terrasses
Type de sol gneiss avec, par endroits, des lœss
Encépagement Petite Arvine
Age moyen des vignes 30 ans
Vendange manuelle | en petites caissettes | en plusieurs passages
Densité de sucre à la vendange 1140
Vinification pressurage en grappes entières précédé d’une macération pelliculaire | débourbage statique sans intrants | fermentation en levures indigènes (pied de cuve) en fût de chêne neuf | stabilisation une fois que l’équilibre entre le sucre et l’acidité est harmonieux
Elevage 18 mois en fût de chêne neuf
Mise en bouteille après une légère filtration Sucres résiduels 120 g/l
Viticulture biodynamique certifiée
Label Demeter sur la bouteille pas encore
Température de service 8° C
Garde 20 ans
Accords desserts aux fruits cuits | foie gras poêlé
(Translation impossible – Ask your sommelier)
If you want your own recipes to be published, send them to me and I’ll do it in a chronicle “Recipes for Businessmen”!
Enjoy your week-end!
Donate for the “Next Social Network”: here
Donate to “Make ULTRA N°1”: here
Donate to “Write a book”: here
All other donations, including bitcoins: here
Subscribe to GetMyAds, for a passive income: here
The reward: every body is interested by a reward if you invest in my crwodfunding projects. They are hughe and designed especially for you! Take advantage fo them. If you have 10, 100, 1 000 or even more, … it is time before the end fo the year to make a good deal!
I came across one of my friends who just told me, “if I had buy a bitcoin at its beginning, …, it was Worth Nothing, but today?” It is always the same problem, it will die, no future, … but when success is there, whaou!!!! You look stupid having missed it!
- Concerning the socialmedia, I am sure you are interested to make money. So I offer large dividend and extra dividend.
What you get if you enter
when cumulated funds are: Yearly dividend Extra dividend
– from 0 to 5 Mio 20% 8%
(reward to be a pioneer)
– from 5 to 20 Mio 15% 6%
– from 20 to 50 Mio 10% 4%
– from 50 to 100 Mio 7% 2%
There is a real advantage to enter NOW! and be a pioneer!
If profits are over 20%, all rates increase by 2%.
After year 3, an extra dividend will be added.
- To make ULTRA Number 1, you get 10% royalties life long
- For the book writting, you get 100g of Swiss Fondue cheese for each 1 000 USD raised!
Don’t hesitate, it is time to go NOW!
More information email@example.com
Donation to the “Next Social Network”; here
Donation to “Make ULTRA N°1”: here
Donation to “Write a book”: here
All other donations, including bitcoins: here
Thank you for what you do!
The future: this morning, I woke up that with a vision and I wanted to share it with you.
I watched a TV show last night on the programs of the different candidates to the French Elections and I found it with no vision of a future, needless to say bright or illuminating future, just past oriented, and fade! I don’t know also if the process of primaries so so good for democraty, looking at last French élections and US élections too.
First of all, what is globalization for the future. I sumarize it as pooring a glas of hot water into a in a basin of cold water, but everbody wants the basin to be at the temperature of the hor water! This is not possible! It must be warmed, and this means that some energy has to be introduced, because sharing cools it more, than it warms it!
Usually, we are more used to put some cold milk into hot coffe to cool it!
And it is what has been done in the past to keep people quiet, but grid is in, and everyone wants a piece of the cake, so what to do to give some wealth to a larger number of people living longer!
When the cake is shrinking, there are 2 stratégies:
- one building protections around the cake, like walls around territories, to protect the cake, starving populations to have them reduced, and then sharing the cake when the numbers are affortable. Territories are full of castles where the treasury was hidden. If history repeats itself, it should happen soon!
- one sharing the cake, but giving everyone the sens of starvation but giving the courage for people to find solutions untill the cake is eaten. This is a bit like Uber!
It seems also that we are on an post industrial era also, and value is not created in manufacturing. The social wellfare can not continue to charge “work” to pay unworkers, and the idea of a global minimum revenue is not among the worst idea popping up today.
The former paradigm is gone, and there is a new era opening. Where are we aiming at? When there is a change of paradigm, it flips over in a very short time and does not come back! Some stick to the old one and their priviledges, and a small minority is already growing in the future of tomorrow. What are the characteristics!
- Nobody wants to work as much as by the past, but to spend some time with leisure, whatever this means. Is it cultural goods, sports goods, travel, … and part of the jobs of tomorrow are in that part of the economy. It is occupation economy!
- Energy is still a key factor, because without electricity, what be be done? No phone calls, no web application, …. what ever it is clean energy (or dirty one). With that subject comes money, because without money to buy the necessary energy, the “new” economy can not be sustained! Internet introduced the idea of low cost services, so should also the energy be free of charge!
- There is more and more difference between what is visible, and what is invisible! Internet is a big contributor in that sector.
There should be a big argumentation under the topic of internet.
I recently discovered that there is more than 200 cryptocurrencies! How is it possible? It is possible due to the block-chain technology. What role does banks play there! All bitcoins are valued 3.5 Billions $. And nobody can touch them! Except at the findger tips of your keyboard. All banks have more and more strict verification protocole, but here? Should we believe in bank notes or in computers? Behind this example, you can find dark web, Wikileaks, Snowden, and goverments … I remember clearly, that the Tchernobyl cloud stopped at the Frances’ bordures, … goverment truth! It is then normal that there is a trust crisis.
I also logged into this site: globalmoneyline.com . I was so surprise by clicking on links to see how many different forms of products could be at your disposal how many people were making a complementary revenue of it, and maybe a full revenue tomorrow, and how you are submerged by information, advertising, and many other demands, in an incresing demand of consomption! Is it the way of putting the energy in the basin?
It seems also that the more the invisible economy is growing, the more the visible economy is demanding a perfect appearence, to insure of its existence! And a code of social scale is made by this appearence: fashion, images, TVs, cars, watches, … but Zuckerberg always appears with a T-shirt. Where is the worth? Skype is free between 2 computers.
Legal institutions do not protect Citizens from this invisible world, and it seems that politicians tend to protect the darkness of it as a mean of redistributing the old wealth to the new world, or to themselves. If you had been a victim of a scam on internet, you should know what I am talking about!
You have real invisible friends. When you say that to a psycologist, he would say you are crazy! Are they angels? What education should you give to children? Go to school, to mis with others, or stay in front of a screen? … Are social media to help us to give some humanity or to increase our envy of products, …
How to restore trust? Dr House says that we are all lying! So how?
When I woke up, I didn’t get the answer, but if you want to share your belief on this new paradigm, you are welcome to write a comment!
Can you really get massive traffic to your site/blog without SEO?
Is it possible to get 100’s of subscribers per month to your YouTube Channel + 1st page YouTube rankings for your videos…without even thinking about SEO?
More importantly…can you seriously get dozens of daily leads for your biz and not even know anything about SEO?
It’s hard to believe, but YES you certainly can!
It’s all done using a little site called Twitter? Ever heard of it? 😉
Find out how to do it yourself this Wednesday @ 9PM EST on the MLSP Weekly Training Webinar
Our newest Todd and Leah Getts will reveal their ‘Secret Twitter Traffic Machine’ this Wednesday Nov 16th, Evening @ 9PM EST.
Boost your traffic faster than you ever thought possible!
Wait! This Training is Also Going to Double As a Celebration of Todd & Leah’s New Honey Badger Status!
So make sure you get on Wednesday @ 9PM EST to Party with us!