Decision : what is a decision? and why writing on it!
Looking at Wikipedia, you can find this definition:
In psychology, decision-making is regarded as the cognitive process resulting in the selection of a belief or a course of action among several alternative possibilities. Every decision-making process produces a final choice; it may or may not prompt action. Decision-making is the process of identifying and choosing alternatives based on the values and preferences of the decision-maker.it’s very important…
And this is a good one. A decision is the first step of a change. People see it usually as an intellectual and complicated process for “I don’t know what”, but usually not to make a change! So, it is mainly why I decided to change that and to talk simply about it. I started a “1 mn chronicle” video on that topic, to come along with the “1 mn manager”. There is a second reason why I like to talk about that, it is to address a second topic, FREEDOM. I address freedom as our capacity to make choices, that we want in the reality, and not our capacity to respect a frame. But we will talk about that later.
I structured this 1 mn chronicle around 2 themes:
- first one is artistic, first because I love Art, but second, because our mind has to escape a little bit from our certitudes and artists should normally make it possible. In Martigny (VS – Switzerland), the Gianadda Foundation is certainly among the best sculptures garden around the world, and I encourage you to visit it.
- then on some personal and practical experiences I made, that make me change my perspectives on that topic. I am sure you can find books relating on it, but I always found them long to read. I hope you find these chronicles interesting.
The artist: Raphaël MOULIN, born in Martigny July 15, 1953
“Les sculptures de Raphaël Moulin parlent un langage de formes et de clartés en mutation selon les angles de vision, des pages de lumière dans l’infini d’un présent qui nous fuit parfois… Raphaël Moulin parle dans ses sculptures avecun vocabulaire précis, une technique mûre et performante, une sensibilité aiguë ; il entretient avec la matière des rapports étroits, sait lui insuffler énergie et respiration.” Jean-Marc Theytaz / mai 2008
How to make good décisions?
- It relates first on if you feel “it is possible or impossible”
- So I ask you if you can solve this problem:
- you have 9 dots, that you can easily join with 5 lines
- Can you join them with 4 lines?Now a little bit of suspens till next chronicle!