Action! – The French “Gilets Jaunes” revolution for more freedom and better justice – Part 3
Version Française – English version
I did not think, having written two columns in June 2018, to have a little advance on the events
- The civil war is near! We will have to shorten! – Part 1 (under translation)
- Corruption is too visible! We will have to shorten! – Part 2 (under translation)
Everyone one of us is going through his analysis, which makes the news channels so happy, and I would like to make a summary without too much pretension, because it is difficult, given my personal history as a leader, to declare myself a yellow vest. “But I do not want to miss it, and I’ll explain why in this article.
First of all we are in a profound change of society that we can call a revolution. We experienced the arrival of the Internet, which gave its pioneers a lot of productivity, then the globalization that shortened the distances and nested economies, the financialization that had its crisis in 2008, and I now believe we are to the revolution of “digitalisation“.
We humans are scanned, studied and digitized, reduced to models. In the company where the model of excellence reigns, there is what is called the “best practice”, or after the study and the modeling of the behaviors bringing the best profit, it is asked the employees, the executives , to the leaders to obtain the profit to fitting in this model, which has the effect of generating a lot of suffering by denying his personality and eliminating all those who are not in this norm, thus rendered useless because not leading to ‘Excellency.
This model of excellence produces a lot of waste. Let us not forget that we are in a capitalist society and that if we do not produce waste, that we do not show it, we are not good consumers and therefore good capitalists. Frugality is out of place. Recall the conclusion of the 2008 crisis, “our banking model has held up well”
We are therefore in this change of period, of society, of paradigm.
And since (French) society is generally conservative before change, it passes through moments of violence, ranging from tension to revolution.
We must rather rejoice because we will achieve another model. Which model? Nobody really knows because once the Pandora’s box is open, everything is possible. In the meantime it is chaos, ranging from the fear of losing the old model, to the terror that could produce the new.
I was 8 in 68, and I saw this revolution from afar. It seems to me that the first thing she brought was Freedom and I believe that this new period must bring Freedom.
We can not lead intelligent people, who interact and communicate with social networks every day, as in the days of kingship where it took several days of carriage to get information.
Social networks have reported in the benefits, more transparency, but also more “fake news”. One must exercise one’s intelligence and reflection to distinguish truth from falsehood. Recall that the decision of the British to divorce with the European Union was taken, it seems, on a lot of fake news! It’s a manipulation tool in every way.
All of this has put a strain on trust, confidence among citizens, and confidence of citizens in a political class that, when relations become tense, tends to become radicalized into caste, each of these caste defending their privileges. In fact it is necessary to go through a flat reset, eliminating violently those who obstruct.
Thus the idea of the welfare state that reigned for many years tends to become the paradigm of the Predator-State, predator towards its citizens, because it no longer manages the common good but becomes again the protector of privilege of caste, towards the small wrens and their court.
I was often mocked when I directed companies to want to ensure social peace, but it is essential. It will be necessary that France regains social peace, but for this it will first pay and then avoid any new provocations or recall the old.
I believe we can not escape a New Republic. The rewriting of a new constitution is both a Pandora’s box, promising new freedoms, but also new frustrations. It does not seem to me trivial that in the motto of the French Republic “Liberty Equality Fraternity”, Liberty be the first mentioned.
Living in Martigny for 14 years I discovered that the Valais gives itself with its constituent assembly the opportunity to rewrite its constitution within 5 years.
I also discovered that under the terms of the Agreement of Social Peace, there is a tacit agreement between the employees and the employers, giving up the strike and the others to the mass dismissals. This is how things progress, certainly through dialogues and reciprocal concessions with more freedom.
Finally, and for 14 years, my children have been going to school in peace. Primary classes are 20 students. with teachers of support mistresses for children with difficulties, thus maintaining the cohesion of an age group. The only evolutions that I have been able to know are a few more minutes some days, less others, that all the evolutions have been made in the softness with pupils respectful of the teacher and the family unit.
France has some difficulties:
- Taxation really exaggerated, complicated, and in all areas. This is where I join the “yellow vests” on the flush tax bowl. To assume huge difficulties in an inheritance, my furniture will be sold without official information. All this to assume certainly in the case of France more public service, but also more benefits to its leaders. All I learned in the company was that those who most aggressively demanded payment were often close to filing for bankruptcy. Is this true for a country? Probably !
- Extremely expensive public policies show their limits. This is mainly because we do not trust the citizens, that the people of the top want to control the people from the bottom, And in the vicinity, with a failed regionalization. A minimum of confidence and simplicity would not hurt.
- Even if we are in a market economy, France is in the paradigm of “bigger is better” which leads to huge concentrations in sectors of the economy, controlled by brilliant consanguineous Enarques. Paris is the good example, with this word Jacobins, where everything is decided at the top. Concentration has led to a desertification of territories, then regions, real or industrial deserts, leading to general impoverishment by concentrating wealth at the head of the concentrator. “Small is beautiful” sometimes
- It also seems to me that the salary level in France is low and does not leave free cash flow, after spending constraints. It is not :
- neither motivating for the one who works
- nor motivating the unemployed person to find a job
- denies for the entrepreneur. It does not really make it possible to obtain cost prices in the face of global competition. either by employing or by investing. Note the deplorable role of banks in helping productive investment.
- neither motivating for people who have had many years of studies theoretically to bring the necessary innovation for the products of tomorrow faced with the destruction of products of the old world.
- It is a loser-loser pay policy at all levels. Misery is not a good counselor or a solution.
- Finally all this makes sense only if Justice, the link between us all, works. From my point of view it does not work And it is not particularly the fault of the magistrates, but again that of the policies with laws which are unfair, inappropriate and unjust. (I had forgotten the revolution of the all-security or all-legal, which will solve nothing, if not provoke more frustrations) Their lack of means, maintained by the powerful not to be bored, only slows down a process , which no longer allows the citizen to bounce back, once crushed by the machine. It takes so many years to know, regardless of the legality of the action, whether we will be condemned or not. The litigants are sacrificed at the good will of society.
I have a harder time believing in Equality, because nature is profoundly unequal and difference is a source of progress. It is not obvious that the man the society and want to correct these inequalities on the other hand I believe that a society without justice, whether social or otherwise, has no chance of survival and development
In conclusion these tensions will perhaps lead to a revolution, more freedom, better justice and, … important costs. So sooner everyone will be around the negotiating table, the sooner France will find the way to growth and development.
If you liked this article do not forget to leave me a tip to create a platform that finances the first capital of entrepreneurs.